domingo, 7 de diciembre de 2014

Gone away

Laying in my mind I watch you away;
We spent so much time together,
we had so many dreams together...
But in the end they were only mine.
In the end, where I saw bonds you saw chains.
In the end, you went away.

Laying in my bed I watch you away;
seeing into the darkness without seeing;
seeing into the day without seeing its light.
There's too much space in bed now.
There's so much empty space now...
Your feet on a salty stream
as you walk away.

Laying on the floor I watch you away;
seeing screens without seeing;
playing without thinking;
dancing without feeling;
There's so much time now...
Your feet on a red carpet
as you walk away.

Laying on the floor
A broken mirror returns my face;
glazed-eyes, flabby-lips,
flaccid limbs on the floor,
a pathetic heart-beating corpse
now that you went away

"Focus your sight"
"Close your mouth"
"Flex your arms"
"Close your fists"
"Sit"
"Stand"
"Walk"
"Today's wounds are just tomorrow's scars"
"Maybe maimed, maybe for good,
maybe for the best"
"Walk"

No hay comentarios: